In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sexagenario masculinosexagenaria femenino
- This sexagenarian does not have even a basic tool such as a good harmonium to aid him in singing to his heart's content.
- Both men, now sexagenarians, have kept faithful to the classic styles.
- The soft-spoken sexagenarian might seem an unlikely expert on talk.
- Delegates will replace de Rossa as party president with another sexagenarian, Michael D Higgins.
- Consider his last trip to Britain, when the sexagenarian visited his 97-year-old mother.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.