- Failure to publish has already become a problem in sexology, insofar as early studies of the impact of Viagra on women, completed in early 1997, have not yet been published as of the date of this manuscript.
- There are, however, a number of good sexuality-specific Web sites that can provide effective starting points for targeted searches in sexology, of which several are spotlighted below.
- In fact, they are taken from recent sex research, so that I don't convey the message that all the advances are occurring outside sexology.
- Professionals in the newly minted disciplines of the human psyche - sexology, psychology, and psychiatry - increasingly conceived of personality, gender, and sexuality as products of culture and upbringing.
- The book is only marginally about sex, and takes a dour view of sexology, survey research, and Western-influenced sex education.
- In the 1920s, sexology did not constitute a stabilized system.
- Reform-era sexology appropriated the degenerative/regenerative discourse of the natural selection model as a way to establish a new lexicon that would address sexuality more specifically.
- Is sexology on its way to becoming a subsidiary of the pharmaceutical industry?
- In sum, the value of the volume stems not only from its utility as a resource for cross-cultural information about sexuality but also from its role in the cultural history of sexology.
- If sexology loses its independent status, the public will have even fewer places to turn for sexual enlightenment free from commercial or political bias.
- Except she's on her way, not to a sales convention, but a sexology conference in Paris.
- Currently there is less funding but great interest in furthering the study of sexology from a perspective that pays primary attention to the social, cultural, and historical contextualization of sexual behaviors and responses.
- The resulting discussions introduce a way of thinking about sexual experience that bypasses some of sexology's most sacred cows, such as survey data and the debates about gender, orientation, morality, and medical intervention.
- Moreover, many of the categories used in sexology to describe sexual life have been shown not to be universal but highly localized.