In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(stereotype/attraction) sexualthe sexual act — el coito
- sexual organs — órganos sexuales
- While the contestations within the field of gender and sexual identity are important, they may also be symptomatic of larger conflicts.
- We recognize your sexual and gender orientation to be an integral part of who you are.
- Radical feminists demand an end to all systems and structures that in any way restrict women's sexual preferences and procreative choices.
- She loud, she's brash and she's winding up po-faced moral guardians by subverting sexual stereotypes.
- At the same time, however, the authors refused to acknowledge the sexed body, claiming that sexual difference, like gender, is a cultural construct.
- It is often based on systematic observation, and can serve as a genuinely useful tool for expanding our concepts of sexual and gender possibilities.
- It involves acknowledging above all, ‘the difference inscribed in nature and subjectivity: sexual difference’.
- It was obvious to both of us that not only was there the most vibrant sexual attraction between us - more seriously - we were falling deeply in love.
- I could go on about the use of gender and sexual roles in the film.
- This was physical attraction, sexual temptation, nothing more.
- We then come to the question of gender and sexual equality.
- Accordingly, there must, he submitted, be a presumption that an allegation of physical or sexual abuse cannot be established without the attendance of the accuser.
- This cultural code expresses contempt for the body; devalues race, gender and sexual difference; and is fixated on ownership and control.
- In exploring the connections between gender and sexuality, she highlighted the constructed nature of sexuality and sexual categories and their importance to social ordering.
- Native American rites and beliefs about sexual and gender diversity sometimes extend to animal husbandry.
- Only the naive would think that sexual stereotypes have ended.
- Automobiles, contact sports, uncontrolled sexual activity - all ripe for criminalizing.
- Remembering acts of physical, emotional and sexual abuse can be extremely painful, and it can be very hard for the therapist and the client to work out what best to do with all that pain and anger.
- People who get married only because of that thing called love or sexual attraction or some other fading property will surely end up on the divorce heap soon enough.
- Since when was it impossible for two men to have a friendship without having sexual feelings or attraction for each other?
- Could it be that indigenous cultures actually know more about certain aspects of animal sexual and gender variance than do trained zoologists?
- Three of these central semantic dimensions of rap authenticity are the racial, the gender / sexual, and social location.
- Throughout the interview he had presented an extremely distorted attitude and thought processes about his sexual activities with the victim.
- A couple live out a relationship through intimate sexual contact and trips to Brixton Academy.
- When fetish objects stand in for the sexual object the fetish replaces the genitals within the sexual narrative.
- Almost all of them are interested in gender or sexual identity and want to show how a given work dramatizes the constructed character of selfhood.
- Greek gods like Priapus are known for nothing else but their sexual and procreative prowess.
- This statute forbids certain intimate sexual activity, even in private and even for married couples.
- Smith traversed racial, gender, and sexual borders in other performances as well.
- The girls found him ‘adorable and soft’ but they knew he was not ‘capable’ of any sexual manoeuvre.
- Re-appropriation has now spread to other areas of race, gender and sexual identity.
- Some slaves were treated well, but there were few restraints on their owners' powers, and physical punishment and sexual abuse were common.
- Indeed, the sexual attraction is so intense that she interrupts her wedding in order to have intercourse in a toilet.
- The award-winning British play promises a salacious good time with its decidedly postmodern take on gender and sexual power relationships in the middle ages.
- He has to be old enough to be capable of sexual response, but not yet old enough to shave.
- Sexual maturation in the boar is a gradual process, with sexual activity and sperm production starting at approximately four months of age.
- Integral to Wagnerian ideology is a belief that all sense of individual identity vanishes during sexual activity.
- Not all this attention to sexual and gender variability is confined to North America.
- In the United States, sexual stereotypes are powerful and have helped guide the creation of military policies and regulations.
- They are based purely on sexual attraction and release, and any strong emotional involvement between those concerned is socially frowned upon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.