In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A good many parents will have responded to his passionate attack on the sale of ‘harmful and creepy’ clothes that sexualise young children and rob them of their innocence.
- We live in a culture that accepts - even endorses - violence against women; females are turned into objects and young girls are sexualized to sell products and services.
- The second part of the book explores the ways in which women's bodies are sexualized and exploited in sport, while the third provides a vision of a more body-friendly future for both men and women.
- By which I mean the acceptability of sexualized metaphors for human interaction in general.
- Neufeld contends that peer orientation undermines family cohesion, poisons the school atmosphere and fosters an aggressively hostile and sexualized youth culture.
- I'm just not crazy about having the choice made for me, and sexualizing the entirety of public space.
- I did find myself wondering whether some of the projections involved in the relentlessly sexualized interpretation of this image in Extremities might not also make some readers smile at what they consider interpretative absurdities.
- Angry young men were politicized, while rebellious young women were sexualized.
- Influenced by science fiction and advertising, the computer-manipulated color photographs and photo-based installations critique sexualized images of women.
- The guards' sadistic and sexualized treatment of prisoners was just an extension of the chaos they were already wallowing in with no restraint from above.
- So they can say, look, we're sexualizing teens.
- The British, Americans, and French had been viewing sexualized images and reading sexualized representations of those they conquered for decades, as part of the right of conquest.
- No, it's weirder than law, I say - law doesn't take young kids and sexualise them for the delectation of the market.
- The young lady knew that sexualized postcards had come under legal scrutiny of late and she justified their sale by arguing that the representations could be found in high art and in public galleries.
- ‘There is a belief in our culture that children are not sexual unless they're sexualized by adults and that is simply not true,’ says Klein.
- His sadistic and sexualized relations with others intensified.
- Is it disgusting because it sexualizes children?
- The use of fur and the tactile, kinetic quality of the stuffed animal make them sexualized fetishes in addition to their being commodities.
- Parents hold the purse-strings and we should pull them pretty tight when it comes to clothes that sexualise young girls.
- We still see the tired images, the highly sexualised women and black men as pimps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.