In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Here you will see shapes on the paper as they are in reality, with all their shading, colours, shadows, ripples on water, birds flying, and everything else that is visible.
- They look somewhat like early Picasso drawings: confident and spare, with matter-of-fact shading.
- The artist also uses a lot of shading, perspective, and other special techniques to make the image seem authentic.
- Sit here and practice basic shading with the crayons and when you actually advance above a fourth grade level you can move on to big girl pencils.
- You'll also notice that a lot has been done with simple shading to add some diversity to the landscapes and a there a lot of small details like ripples around rocks in a lake or flowers with bugs hovering above them.
- Ernman seems at home in French and there is good colouring and shading of the words.
- The art of shading will become an even more significant part of our architectural language.
- You can introduce the idea of dynamic shading and decide which lines to bring out at a given moment.
- She gives all kinds of shading to each line, without calling attention to her art.
- The images seem minimalist, using few lines to represent detailed images and also exclude deep shading.
- Picasso developed Cubism as a response to linear perspective and shading.
- His capacity to render shading and volume might be mistaken by Western eyes as a ‘progression’ toward modernity.
- Salter's art delivers its meaning through the construction of low-keyed colors, close shading and proportional forms.
- Florentine engraving was initially characterized by a fine linear manner, and later expanded by the development of the so-called ‘broad manner’ which used broad lines of parallel shading.
- The illustration is scanned at fairly low resolution, so the colors and shading of the actual print will be more subtle than those in the picture.
- The Pause is a very large charcoal drawing, 8 1/2 feet wide, executed with delicate shadows, dark shading and bursts of white light.
- Unlike the complex nuances of the story, the artistic details are minimal and shading is non-existent.
- It was decided that it was preferable to accept the loss of the original shading and detail lines rather than to attempt to recreate them.
- The manner of shading, the depiction of facial features, and the summary treatment of hands suggest that the same artist was responsible for both the Fogg and Uffizi sheets.
- The neutral shading on her lids and black mascara on her lashes only made her blue eyes stand out even more.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.