In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1accionista femeninoshareholders' meeting — asamblea de accionistas femenino
- It's just not enough to ensure that a business is as profitable as possible for its shareholders.
- He has shareholders to answer to, but that does not mean he foists his ideas on people.
- As rumours of a buyout surface once more, should shareholders sell or sit tight?
- He has made it clear that the staff are on an equal footing with shareholders and customers.
- For years people have bemoaned the emergence of shareholders as the owners of football clubs.
- It is difficult to see why a substantial shareholder like Smyth should agree to this type of a bid.
- The important point in this is that with you being its shareholder, the investment trust has to put you first.
- My job as a businessman is to be a profit centre and to maximise return to the shareholders.
- It's quite possible that many of their current shareholders missed them entirely.
- He is a property developer and a shareholder in and director of a number of companies.
- It has broached its plans to snap up smaller competitors with existing shareholders.
- As a leading shareholder, he wields power and influence himself, and has not been afraid to use it.
- The current emphasis is on achieving value for shareholders over the long term.
- If you want to go to the shareholder meetings, you may have to get your broker to certify that you're a shareholder.
- In addition, the state remained the majority shareholder in most privatized companies.
- They have a legal obligation to look after their shareholders so money out ought to mean some benefit in.
- That cash is likely to be returned to shareholders in the form of dividends.
- The rise in earnings per share was the result of share buy-backs from minority shareholders.
- Consequently, any boss who puts his shareholders above his own ego should be applauded.
- So the industry set out to impress its shareholders by assigning itself goals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.