In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tiempo que puede conservarse un producto perecedero sin que se deteriorehe's past his shelf life — ya se le pasó el cuarto de hora América del Sur coloquial
- I think it's a case of reinvention due to the shelf life of the term.
- They are innovative in both packaging concepts and flavours and have an extended shelf life of 21 days.
- If you expect the consumer to buy a car, a long shelf life and a lot of reading and re-reading will help.
- Just ensure that it has been stored hygienically, and note that flavoured milk has a shelf life of 45 days.
- Mass production and consumption means a shorter shelf life, for music as well for consumer goods.
- By placing them in the freezer, you will add another year to their shelf life.
- The most refreshing and healthy drink of coconut water is available in sachets with a shelf life of a year.
- Gasoline has an average shelf life of about six months, so refresh your supply regularly.
- Your finished products have a shelf life of around one month to six weeks.
- Fresh blood products have a short shelf life so we always require a steady number of donors.
- They are currently particularly looking for platelet donations as these only have a shelf life of five days.
- Seeds have a limited shelf life; they're only viable for a certain number of years.
- Most have a shelf life of about two years, which includes the time the product sat in the store.
- In such a state, a nation's paper money has a shelf life like a fresh egg or a jar of mayonnaise.
- The ingredients have a shelf life of 3 months in most cases, so use fresh ingredients.
- Liquid anthrax has a shelf life of three years, after which it turns into sludge.
- Drugs and alcohol had seeped into their lifestyle and they were already past their shelf life.
- These days books have about as long a shelf life as yoghurt, here one minute and consigned to the library stack the next.
- The only drawback is that polyurethane glues have a shelf life of only about one year.
- The shelf life of most bands nowadays is a year at best.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.