In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These teeth are used to crush prey, mostly of shellfish and crustaceans, and only rarely are used offensively towards divers.
- But the system of fines does not seem to be eliminating the hazardous shellfish from the local market.
- So are corals and shellfish, which make calcium carbonates that end up in the bottoms of oceans.
- Placing a shellfish between them, he says, the cownose ray might contract the muscles on the left side of its mouth.
- Women are abducted while gathering crabs and shellfish at night by torchlight.
- It becomes a battle of life and death as the star uses its suckers and all the brute force at its command to force open the shellfish.
- The vertical plane along which we dive is completely smooth and only a few anemones and shellfish have been able to make themselves fast.
- Even the rope leading down was covered in barnacles and the wreck itself was festooned in soft corals and shellfish.
- Add any available shellfish or molluscs - abalone, sea snail, Moreton Bay bugs.
- The significance of this is that other species such as shellfish and crustaceans feeding in plankton could be affected.
- Control of red tide, an infestation that makes shellfish unsafe to eat, is another area of concentration.
- All those years ago, for example, pot fishermen regarded divers as their deadliest rivals for the shellfish of the sea.
- Oysters were harvested in Scotland as long ago as the stone age when the shellfish were gathered from the seabed close to the coastline.
- It's an enormously creative act for a shellfish, don't you think?
- The Shovel-Nosed Ray can reach two meters in length and is quite harmless, feeding only on small crabs and shellfish.
- It's a queer experience - when I picked up one of the shellfish, a waft of nostalgia swept through my inner being.
- And spring, the scientists say, is the time of year the shellfish have their greatest aphrodisiac quality.
- They impact the populations of shellfish and crustaceans in their area.
- There are obviously plenty of shellfish and crabs, too, because I saw giant puffers and octopus and none looked short of a meal.
- For the shellfish may carry an infection which causes severe stomach upsets in anyone who eats them.
2(collectively)mariscos masculinomarisco masculino Españato eat shellfish — comer marisco España
- Fish and shellfish are still important foods in the current diet, as they were in the past.
- Small mammals, turkeys, fish, and shellfish were important foods, as too were hickory nuts.
- Their operation has expanded to include a farm shop, where you can buy a variety of fresh fish and shellfish, a restaurant and a wine store.
- It sells quality fish and wine and there is a fresh fish shop which sells delicious exotic shellfish.
- Serve hot, spooning the broth, fish and shellfish into large, warm bowls.
- Milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, soy, wheat, peanuts, and tree nuts cause most reactions.
- My main course, scallops cooked in a tomato sauce, looked marvellous, but the sauce was far too rich for the delicate shellfish.
- Eat plenty of zinc - that means oysters or other shellfish, pecans, or even pumpkin seeds.
- Summer holidays, the English coastline and fresh shellfish - what a truly perfect combination.
- High levels of betaine are found in shellfish, spinach, wheat germ and mushrooms.
- Remove the shellfish from the cooking liquid with a slotted spoon.
- There are also limits on other food items, including fish, shellfish, honey, eggs and some fruit and vegetables.
- The emphasis is on local fish and shellfish while salads, sandwiches and simple pasta dishes make up the rest of the summer menu.
- Gastroenteritis is caused mainly by viruses, such as the rotaviruses commonly found in infected shellfish.
- Also avoid raw fish, especially shellfish such as oysters and clams.
- Samples of the shellfish were taken by the FSA from various retailers and wholesalers in February.
- We didn't have time for three courses, but we enjoyed the zuppetta of local fish and shellfish and the very fresh East Neuk crab and pasta.
- Fresh Atlantic fish and shellfish are invariably the star attractions here, presented with style and individuality.
- Is it possible to develop a food allergy to shellfish as an adult?
- A good combination is salmon, a white fish and shellfish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.