verbo intransitivoshinnying, shinnied, shinnies
- Slowly, I wrapped my legs around the tree and used an old rope to shinny up.
- She then followed his gaze to the bleachers, where a minute figure was attempting to shinny down the vertical railing on one side.
- Seed collectors still use the traditional method of shinnying up the palm trunk, but they must be registered, as it takes years of experience to do the job properly.
- She hadn't grown up on a horse ranch with four older brothers without learning a thing or two about hurdling fences, shinnying up trees and swinging out of barn lofts on old, fraying ropes.
- I was aware of my body at that time in terms of what it did for me (I could shinny up trees) and how I felt (whether I had an upset stomach or was feeling okay).
- At least shinnying up the nearest tree wasn't likely to damage his clothing, and tree-climbing came easily to an Indiana farm boy, as long as he didn't have to climb too high.
- Sometimes you ran for the nearest tree and shinnied up it.
- Soon the steepness decreased, but the climbing remained strenuous for the next two hours as we shinnied up complex chimneys and followed jagged ridges.
- He raised the pole above his head, drove the spike into a log at his feet, shinnied up the pole, and to a chorus of cheers, bowed as he stood upon the far side, triumphant.
- I grinned and shinnied up a side rope ladder up to the mast almost.
- At around 2: 00 a.m. the youngster shinnied up a phone pipe, entered a school through the second storey window, and stole three books, four pencils, and some money.
- Once a week, however, it shinnied down a trunk to the ground where it took a long, healthy shoot at the base of the tree.
- He shinnied up it quickly and began carefully testing his weight on the small deck of the first house.
- She's the one who hired the harvester, who shinnied up the trunk with a machete; and negotiated with the kaaikkaaran.
- Once the biologists finish a survey, the guaceros - armed with guns and climbing gear - shinny up the trees and steal the fledglings.
- According to court papers, he had shinnied up one of the vertical poles on the H-shaped installation using a cable wound around the pole and ‘metal straps’ for handholds.
1deporte parecido al hockey sobre hierba
- This isn't about shinny with friends laughing and playing together.
- He often encourages youngsters to spend time on rinks and ponds on their own time, unstructured, playing shinny, etc. to develop such skills.
- Who can't remember playing shinny until you couldn't feel the tips of your toes?
- A casual game of shinny and a little training later, he felt the rush.
- If it's true, why not just put a fan behind the bench and let the players run themselves, choose their own lines, create a system - or more likely not - and just go play a little shinny for Stanley?
- We are looking for boys and girls of all ages from across the Southeast interested in playing daytime shinny hockey (no formal teams) this summer.
- You went down to a local pond, and you jumped into a game of shinny hockey and all five guys or six guys chased around the puck.
- While the big boys get the five-ring spotlight in Utah, the lads who didn't get a call to national service only can get up a game of shinny.