1canal navegable masculino
- In 1903, Panama and the United States signed a treaty by which the United States undertook to construct an interoceanic ship canal across the Isthmus of Panama.
- Work started in the 1830s on the Tralee ship canal, which stretches from nearly 1km beyond Blennerville Quay to Prince's Quay, on the edge of Tralee town.
- Go back to 1900s - see navvies digging the Manchester ship canal by hand!
- In the net lofts along the ship canal they tar their seine twine with paraffin to protect against salt water.
- Office buildings along the ship canal are bringing white-collar workers by the thousands.