In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino armadorfemenino armadorafemenino naviera
- One shipbroking source believes other shipowners, although few other Hong Kong shipping companies, will face the same difficulties.
- Copies were e-mailed on Thursday night to shipowners and ship managers.
- Otherwise the main purpose of the shipowners ' obligation to stow below deck would be seriously undermined.
- The labour exerted upon the ship has been adding to the shipowner's capital throughout the process of construction.
- On the one hand, a shipowner could send his ship without convoy and make a good profit but at the great risk of its being captured.
- Are not sections 259 and 261 only concerned with apportionment of liability between ships, or shipowners?
- In a letter received by shipowners, shipmanagers and shipbrokers earlier this week, the sea school said it needed outside sponsorship to help cover the expected cut in funding.
- Yet we have a policy that is to the detriment of New Zealand shipowners and seafarers.
- During this busy and expansive time, shipowners frantically sought cargo for their empty ship on the home run.
- The package is one of the largest investments ever made in newbuildings by an international shipowner.
- One was a charge over uncalled share capital; the other was a shipowner's lien on subfreights.
- At the present time shipowners and wharf people pretty much know who is coming in and out.
- Arguing that profiteering shipowners and unscrupulous insurers were collaborating in sending out unseaworthy vessels, the play led to popular outrage and a change in the law.
- The family became influential shipowners and traders.
- One calculation indicates that under the 1992 Protocols the shipowner's average share of the amount payable for pollution damage will rise from 47 per cent to 68 per cent.
- The defendants' position involves serious criticism of numerous shipbuilders and shipowners over the years.
- Thus, where the initial error in transfer leads to a delay in the payment of an amount due under a charterparty, the shipowner may be entitled to withdraw the vessel.
- The purpose of this act was to encourage American shipowners to build their vessels in domestic shipyards and operate them under the American flag.
- They did not actually employ the labour; they represented the shipowner who put the ship through the port, and they bowed to pressure that they should not have bowed to.
- So great was the demand for slaves, and so high the profits, that shipowners and captains continued (now as smugglers) to sail the ghastly ‘middle passage’, trafficking flesh and blood.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.