In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(movie)película de pistoleros femenino coloquial
- He watches TV shows and movies, makes phone calls, surfs the Web and plays multiplayer shoot-'em-up games through his high-speed connection - often doing one or more activities at once.
- Although an action cop thriller, this is no run-of-the-mill shoot-'em-up.
- Some people think everything should emulate a computer game and be a fast-moving shoot-'em-up.
- They are a combination of chess and shoot-'em-ups.
- I still haven't gotten around to watching it, because I don't care for shoot-'em-up pictures.
- When money's involved expect ketchup on the pizza, only this isn't a Mafia movie, it's a homegrown robbers-and-robbers shoot-'em-up.
- One could be forgiven for anticipating something more momentous than a long shoot-'em-up followed by a glorified fistfight.
- They deplore the way handguns are portrayed in popular television programs and have little time for computer shoot-'em-up games which, in their view, tend to glorify violence.
- These suggest there's some great combat of wills to come, rather than the director's trademark fast-cutting, soundtrack-led shoot-'em-ups.
- Access to gory shoot-'em-ups will soon be the least of parents' worries.
- It is ideal for precision work (lining up enemies in shoot-'em-up games, for example) or for use with a laptop on the train.
- I was watching one of those shoot-'em-up westerns on TV just this morning.
- Here's a strikingly photographed, elaborately staged widescreen shoot-'em-up extravaganza that just so happens to take place in a world roughly 3 feet high.
- This shoot-'em-up is disjointed and disharmonious nonsense, when even the action sequences lack real energy and have little of the slick, expensive pyrotechnics of his previous efforts.
- As computer games inch beyond shoot-'em-ups into the narrative territory of books and movies I wonder how far the medium can actually go.
- Unfortunately, most shoot-'em-up games are so shallow that players gain no personal insight, according to the author.
- Games fans can even enjoy shoot-'em-ups or adventures with sharp colour and nerve-jangling sound effects.
- At night we will sleep at Kadyrov's compound in Gudermes, Chechnya's second city, near an annexe where off-duty militiamen play shoot-'em-up games on computers.
- Suddenly, vapid sloganeering and shoot-'em-up thrillers have assumed pariah status.
- Today they were watching some foreign shoot-'em-up film, perhaps Italian.
- In the shoot-'em-up, the hero was a hired gunslinger.
- When I play blood-soaked shoot-'em-up games, the vamped-up violence doesn't really bother me.
- I didn't want it to be an exciting shoot-'em-up action scene.
- There are no hidden messages or Oscar winning performances in the film - it's a simple shoot-'em-up western aimed squarely at the teenage market.
- Unfortunately, this turns what should be a fun, spaghetti-western style space shoot-'em-up into a race for an open airlock door.
- And while the film may not have the excitement of your average shoot-'em-up action epic, this makes the most of its few action sequences, and makes them count.
- Like gunslingers in their own shoot-'em-up games, top console makers are blasting away with marketing salvoes months before products even hit the shelves.
- Even more unreal than the all-action, shoot-'em-up film that distracted him for a couple of hours.
- Still, as in all good westerns, there are villains in abundance, damsels in distress and whiskey bars galore to hold your interest, although the shoot-'em-up action is nothing we haven't seen before.
- This is by no means a hyperkinetic shoot-'em-up but a slow meditation taking its own quiet time to set up its subject.
- But now the military's fresh faces can get a bit of the comforts of home - by wasting their pals in an online shoot-'em-up game.
- It takes you back to when shoot-'em-ups routinely boasted apocalyptic weaponry and waves of cannon fodder.
- The project took a new turn, and Green and his professor began recruiting keen players of the shoot-'em-up game from the university's campus.
- The player can afford to saunter through the landscape, meandering at a more leisurely pace that would be possible in a competitive shoot-'em-up.
2(video game)(juego de video de acción y disparos) shoot-'em-up masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.