In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pabellón de caza masculino
- Or they reach the next shooting box still fumbling with a reload.
- Let's say I'm moving to a shooting box from which I'll be engaging easy targets.
- As I reach the shooting box I focus first on stepping into the shooting box and hitting my marker with the strong side leg.
- The house itself, a mere shooting box of about fifteen rooms, built in the style of the last century, had an air of neglect.
- Straight downrange from the shooting box were two Pepper poppers at 10 yards.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.