In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1campo de tiro masculino
- In accordance with the new law on the control of firearms, all training centres, weapons instructors and shooting ranges have to be accredited by the police.
- They walked into a giant shooting range were Cody could see Barbra circling the area.
- Davis hired a shooting coach last summer and worked on extending his shooting range.
- The idea was to use these empty bowling alleys as shooting ranges for the light guns and simulated clay pigeons with solar-celled light detectors.
- Rifle events are held on shooting ranges where competitors shoot at targets at distances of 10 and 50 metres.
- But his shooting range is limited and he is below average as a free-throw shooter.
- Do mass shootings ever occur in police stations, shooting ranges or gun shows?
- Normal conversations are possible at the shooting range and the sounds of wild turkeys or elk may be heard from long distances.
- They have had opportunities to practice in the shooting range, but never in the field.
- We had lots of guns in the locker in the indoor shooting range.
- Practicing or sighting in on a public shooting range is a sure way to become very unpopular.
- He extends his shooting range to 10 feet, hits free throws, learns to put the ball on the floor occasionally.
- At one point she was the interim leader, but on the final shooting range she missed two targets and had to make penalty loops.
- However Steve looked like the target dummy on a shooting range.
- The shooting range at Bath university yesterday provided my chance to compete alongside the Olympians.
- Two got into it at an FBI shooting range during a cookout at which alcohol was served.
- They include a shooting range in Surrey, a yachting facility, and several training camps dotted around the country.
- And let's turn our attention now away from the shooting range, to the race track.
- Speaking of shooting stuff, a detour led to the shooting range in the basement, where a disconcerting number of bullet marks were way off target.
- The chairman's suggestion: spend more time at the driving range and less at the shooting range.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.