In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dependienta femeninovendedora (de tienda) femenino
- As she fumbled for her wallet the shop girl noticed a remote control for a television set in the customer's bag.
- It was hard to know why the shop girl was so amused by my behaviour.
- The shop girl said her parents owned the stand and kept several dozen more skins back at their house, but that she was unwilling to take a stranger there.
- In the film she is a shop girl who becomes involved with Kane - a relationship which is used to destroy his political ambitions and his marriage.
- She plays a young shop girl at Saks Fifth Avenue.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.