In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comprador masculinocompradora femeninohe's not a good shopper — no sabe comprar
- Now the growth of big rural shopping centres is bringing shoppers out of town.
- Business at East London shopping malls is booming whilst the city centre struggles to attract shoppers.
- By this time, throngs of shoppers had gathered around us to watch the commotion and were whispering frantically.
- A lorry driver was killed in a fireball crash which closed the M60 and marooned thousands of shoppers in the Trafford Centre.
- This would have seen the current station demolished and the area transformed into a public square, with direct access to the Wheatsheaf Centre for shoppers.
- Before the upgrade, there were 90,000 shoppers in Stirling town centre per week; that figure has now leapt to 265,000.
- At least a further £5,140.05 was collected from shoppers in York city centre, and £79.05 at Osbaldwick.
- Delicacies from cheese to black puddings are being showcased at Selfridge's in London and the Trafford Centre to give shoppers a taste of the region.
- Having wrestled our luggage from the tube station through throngs of Oxford Street shoppers, we jumped at the chance.
- Businesses and shoppers are backing plans to get rid of Laindon Shopping Centre, claiming it is an ‘eyesore’ that is deserted most days.
- The former gas works off Station Avenue, Filey, is earmarked for redevelopment by Scarborough Council to attract more shoppers into the town centre.
- He spotted me amidst the throng of Christmas shoppers and pointed me out to his friend.
- Parking permits have been introduced for residents of a North Yorkshire town centre after complaints that shoppers were blocking out shop staff and tenants.
- Bold plans which will open up the centre of Castle Street and Market Street for shoppers have been revealed in a detailed application this week.
- They claim that city centre businesses which provide toilets for shoppers and patrons will suffice.
- In December, 2001, about 908,000 shoppers visited the town centre.
- However, on most days the audience consists of only a handful of shoppers and city centre security guards.
- The photo of First Avenue and Pike Place shows throngs of shoppers moving through Seattle's Pike Place Market.
- This action was denying parking spaces to shoppers and affecting business in the area.
- The city's Arndale Centre was bustling throughout the evening as shoppers thronged the complex.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.