In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corto de resuello
- The illness certainly affects a patients' quality of life because they often wake up short-winded, experience severe coughing or are hit by a heavy sensation in the chest.
- After all, dope or hemp was partially responsible for our low standing in academics, athletics, and achievements; we were the first generation of teens more short-winded than our own grandparents.
- I would get so short winded, after just walking a few feet that I didn't want to go anywhere.
- Though short-winded, I was ready for the second pass.
- You get short-winded easily and you just aren't feeling your best.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.