In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1miopía femeninohe's had short sight since birth — es miope de nacimiento
- Two teams of American optometrists independently tested the association between short sight and nursery lighting.
- My father had short sight and lost his eyesight due to glaucoma.
- ‘Laser vision correction has been developed mainly for short sight and isn't as effective for long sight,’ he said.
- Defective vision due to short sight or long sight can be corrected by wearing spectacles, contact lenses or by LASIK.
- After an eye test, a two-year-old child was found to have short sight and power of the glass to be worn is - 12.
- The hospital will offer new treatments not currently available on the NHS to treat conditions that lead to blindness in the elderly, and treatments for short sight.
- ‘If you have short sight, you can get special leave,’ he snapped.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.