In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Aruna pulled out a small pistol from a shoulder holster.
- Throwing on his black loafers he grabbed his shoulder holster from the hanger.
- She pulled the gun from her shoulder holster but paused.
- People in his home town of Broome never messed with Murdoch, who was known to carry a gun in a concealed shoulder holster.
- Danko reached into his shoulder holster under his jacket and pulled out a gun.
- The leather strap of her shoulder holster had been oiled.
- If you need to access your sidearm while sitting (for drivers or pilots), a cross-draw holster or a vertical shoulder holster is better.
- ‘Wow sure looks quiet,’ Sheldon said tucking her gun into her hidden shoulder holster.
- He hitched up his gunbelt, checked the Colt in his shoulder holster, and reloaded his carbine.
- I grabbed my coat and slipped on my shoulder holster and headed out.
- He pulled his revolver out of the shoulder holster.
- This is a true shoulder holster in that it rides under the armpit.
- He found a small handgun concealed in a shoulder holster.
- Duvall dropped back behind the chair and struggled to yank his small pistol from its shoulder holster.
- A quick glance over his shoulder gave Sam a fright; Armand was struggling to pull a handgun from his shoulder holster.
- She yanked the gun from its resting place in her shoulder holster and firmly gripped it with her bloody hands.
- When going with a shoulder holster, I use the same suspenders.
- Under his coat, there was an empty shoulder holster.
- He slid it into the shoulder holster under his right armpit.
- ‘Caleb I haven't even found him yet,’ Sheldon said packing her gun into her shoulder holster.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.