In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1actividad escolar que consiste en llevar objetos a la escuela y hablar acerca de ellos
- We have the whole week for adventures and show-and-tell.
- It opened with a show-and-tell session of members' slides during the traditional reception on Friday night.
- ‘We encourage these children to share in a show-and-tell way,’ he says.
- Dara did not take the ginger jar to show-and-tell, but she showed us how children can deal with death if given a chance to ask questions, receive honest answers, and participate in family grief.
- It was like he brought a puppy to show-and-tell.
- Look, I don't have time for another round of show-and-tell.
- If need be, drag her onto the bed with her jewelry box for show-and-tell.
- My brother, in preschool, brought a poster to show-and-tell time that he had carried the previous day at a pro-choice march.
- ‘He would recite his stuff like a child doing show-and-tell,’ manager Jack Rollins once recalled.
- Use pictures as a show-and-tell vehicle for your young one to help bring family elders to life.
- She pulled out all the pamphlets again and explained to me each one, as excited as a kindergartner at show-and-tell.
- I was the kid in the neighborhood who caught black snakes and took them to school for show-and-tell.
- Ever since then, if it's show-and-tell day, I bring my video recorder, just in case another Erica comes along.
- This day, he joined daughter Quinn at her pre-school for show-and-tell.
- The nice thing is, it allows them to easily take their garden to school for show-and-tell.
- I began bringing my scarves into the office for show-and-tell.
- Each seminar will begin with students presenting their things to the class in traditional show-and-tell style and include critical discussions around issues of material culture.
- I was so incensed that, to the horror of my teacher at the time, I even talked about it at show-and-tell.
- Last night we had a bit of a show-and-tell session in the liturgy group.
- When your child is young, you might also consider encouraging your child to present information to his class during show-and-tell or a special presentation that you arrange with his teacher.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.