In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mundo del espectáculo masculinofarándula femenino
- The business side of Wilson's career all by itself provides a short course in the dark side of show business.
- A week went by and I began to wonder if anything at all would come out of my attempt at getting into show business.
- Jews were eventually banned from the professions, show business, teaching, the civil service and journalism.
- Diana's frequent liaisons with the world of show business made her different.
- Pat Morita got into show business as a comedian, frequently using his ethnicity as a source of humor.
- Few actors can match him for sheer volume of film roles spanning over five decades of show business.
- The money you made in show business doesn't equal the money you've made as a businessman, right?
- The character that I admire most in show business to this day is Noel Coward.
- My mother was my dance teacher and my father was in show business.
- Breaking into show business was hard, but getting and keeping good grades was my real challenge!
- Disputes between writers and directors are not uncommon in the film industry and show business all over the world.
- What follows is very predictable for anyone who has ever seen a film about show business.
- Now, in show business, you don't have to be just good, you've got to be different.
- Living in Los Angeles with two parents in show business, I knew what being gay meant from an early age.
- I'd tried hard to break into show business with a record pantomime act in junior high school.
- Mainstream pundits and journalists are creatures of show business more than anything else.
- As a member of the Bee Gees, Maurice Gibb had been one of the best-known faces in show business for the last four decades.
- Johnny is one of the most highly regarded entertainers in the country, and one of the best known faces in Irish show business.
- Both were in show business, Robin Day in television, Alec Guinness in theatre, movies and television.
- His brothers, Christopher and Michael, are also in show business.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.