- This made him look silly, because the whole shtick belongs to a different generation.
- Now, it's not like Johnny had some former great glory with The Swing Orchestra, but at least they had a shtick, something to work with.
- It is part of his shtick, his way of underlining the absurdity of the system.
- Or at least it's the shtick that sets the tone for the evening's witty and intelligible discourse.
- Sure do - but not when they're dancing, and that's why the whole shtick works.
- Most comics have to work their shticks and hone their craft.
- What saves the whole shtick from utter banality is Wang's great location work and his ability to get performances out of even a block of wood.
- The director doesn't let the shtick stand on its own but instead molds radiant and memorable characters to carry the story.
- The best bloggers develop hobbyhorses, shticks and catchphrases that they put into wider circulation.
- Is Jones really flubbing his lines, or is it all part of the shtick?
- I know Devito was just continuing his Taxi shtick at that point, but I really thought it worked for this movie.
- My favorite waiter there is an old man who works his charming shtick on both willing and unwilling customers.
- What we've already got, courtesy of executive producer Jeffrey Lane (Mad About You), is a bawdy night of shticks and bones.
- But, that is a big part of their shtick and I guess they are stuck with it.
- The shtick worked brilliantly, granting Farrell his edge but softening it too.
- It would be easy to say Clark simply needed the time to develop his campaign shtick.
- One of my shticks is about why we need to do hard scientific research on religion.
- I believe it is a true sign of a comedian if she can do her comedy shtick in an operating room.
- Meanwhile, more religions are ransacked for metaphor than Joseph Campbell ever shook his shtick at.
- Thus, while the music rather than the shtick is the focus here, these songs were actually made to work as backgrounds to other arts.