- There's a flexibility in molding concrete by using temporary shuttering or a mould.
- The architect insisted that shuttering supporting the new stonework should be taken down.
- Further, no shuttering is required as this function is provided by the bottom layer concrete blocks.
- The walls emerged from the standardized shuttering normally used in concrete construction like a sort of rich cake, carved into by the thin courtyard.
- Nowadays tunnels are mainly lined with concrete segments or with concrete pumped in between the excavated ground and internal shuttering.
- But when a Thames spate shifted these supports, Brunel secretly ordered his carpenters to leave a gap between the brickwork and the replaced shuttering.
- Detailed with the same dimension and orientation as the shuttering of the concrete, these linings make reference to the conspicuous layering of construction, to time and the sequence of making.
- Forests have been razed (particularly in Queensland) to provide once-used shuttering for elegant poured concrete buildings.