In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diplomacia al estilo Kissinger femenino
- At stake for China is not only the regional security situation but also its newfound role as a broker in shuttle diplomacy.
- Annan also urged Myanmar to allow his special envoy Razali Ismail to return to the country ‘as soon as possible’ to continue his shuttle diplomacy.
- The five-city transatlantic 24-hour shuttle diplomacy of Blair last week hopefully reassured Bush, Congress and the American people that they are not alone in their grief and anger.
- An outbreak of shuttle diplomacy, expected to be carried out by the US assistant secretary of state, James Kelly, in the next few weeks will involve missions to South Korea, China, Japan and Russia.
- But perhaps he should consider a new round of shuttle diplomacy - between Brussels and Baghdad.
- In the Middle East, Kissinger's shuttle diplomacy produced more show than substance.
- Secretary of State Colin L. Powell is gearing up for a spate of shuttle diplomacy in the region in May, starting with Syria.
- In January 1974, Israel and Egypt negotiated a disengagement agreement thanks to Kissinger's shuttle diplomacy.
- Mr Blair was recently in Egypt as part of his Middle East shuttle diplomacy aimed at shoring up support for the international coalition against terrorism and restarting the peace process.
- Mr Blair was speaking at the Elysee Palace in Paris after breakfast talks with President Jacques Chirac, as part of his hectic shuttle diplomacy.
- For Blair that may mean fewer flights of shuttle diplomacy and more time chiselling away at the coalface of the public services.
- Tuesday's debate in Westminster led some to suggest that Blair should ease up on his international shuttle diplomacy and spend more time ensuring his domestic coalition held together.
- US embassy officials in Israel could not confirm this, but stressed Zinni's four-day trip was intended to be part of a shuttle diplomacy process.
- Deputy prime minister John Prescott, a veteran of previous scrambles to broker peace between Blair and Brown, is believed to have repeated the shuttle diplomacy at Westminster.
- The talks follow six months of shuttle diplomacy after a first round in Beijing last August failed to narrow the gulf over Pyongyang's atomic arms ambitions.
- After a week of exhaustive shuttle diplomacy, taking in Ireland, Spain and Libya, Blair's two-day stay in Brussels was a chastening experience.
- A burst of shuttle diplomacy will take him to four international capitals in three days.
- Mr Blair met Gen Musharraf midway through a whirlwind round of shuttle diplomacy which had seen him meet Russian president Vladimir Putin in Moscow the previous evening.
- This Financial Times piece does a nice job of describing the recent shuttle diplomacy over North Korea.
- ‘At the moment, we do not see shuttle diplomacy as inevitable,’ an unidentified aide to Roh said in a report by Yonhap News Agency.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.