In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1servicio de enlace masculinoAviación puente aéreo masculino
- Christchurch citizens are already enjoying the advantages of electric zero-emission buses operating in a free shuttle service in the city centre.
- Merseyside Police arranged a fleet of 100 coaches to operate a shuttle service to combat the effects of the 48-hour stoppage.
- Many concert-goers are expected to use a shuttle service operated by Dublin Bus from outside the Tara Street Dart station to travel to the venue.
- One good-natured resident, in an attempt to combat the problem, operated a makeshift shuttle service with his tractor for several hours.
- A shuttle service will also operate between Drogheda and Slane between 11 am and 5pm from the bus station in the town.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.