In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino timidezlo asustadizo
- It is quite a hard thing to force myself out of the reticence and sometime shyness that has shadowed me all this time.
- Lan shut his eyes tight, sinking his head down a little in embarrassment and shyness.
- Those who mistake the inborn shyness of English people for an impenetrable reserve should visit it.
- She looked at each pupil without showing any hint of embarrassment or shyness.
- Kurt has always been one of the nicest people I know, but for a long time he had some problems overcoming his shyness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.