In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1adlátere femeninocompañero masculinocompañera femenino
- Let her know how important she is to you as a friend, not just as a social sidekick.
- But his infamy was sealed by the government's all-out campaign against his hapless sidekicks, falsely portrayed as part of a vast Confederate plot.
- Sometimes they come in as sidekicks for the hero or the heroine but most of the time they are insignificant characters going through an earth-shattering crisis while appearing in flashbacks.
- This is a straightforward Howard Hawks movie, with group dynamics, colorful sidekicks and an insider shout-out to Sergeant York, of all things.
- Figueroa and Tilley play sidekicks to Payne and Repond's characters, respectively.
- For purpose of plot, Don Lockwood has a humorous sidekick / friend, Cosmo Brown.
- When the driver wouldn't sell, the sidekicks turned mean and threatening.
- Alvin Crawford and John Criter are hilarious as Falstaff's sidekicks, but Franco Pomponi's voice needs greater heft to make Ford's frequent rages comic.
- He uses Tingary, his half-witted sidekick, to assist him in his plots to bring down the jester.
- Eventually, the bully's sidekicks realise things have gone too far and, with Julian's friends, set about getting the bullying stopped.
- The wicked stepmother has two sidekicks, Clench and Crunch, and a magician also appears in the July 9-12 production.
- Once upon a time, or at least last summer, fairy-tale ogres and their sidekicks were the golden characters of Hollywood.
- Others are new to the golfing arena, and platforming fans will be pleased to know that Jak and Ratchet have taken up the game, with their sidekicks acting as caddies for them.
- This is the sort of bravado often uttered by managerial sidekicks, usually only to be jettisoned the moment they graduate to being their own men.
- All the cast were worth their weight in gold but the audience particularly enjoyed Norman Pace's hapless constable Dogberry and his idiotic sidekicks.
- His sidekicks are his toys, which come to life when no one else is around.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.