In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(act of signing)firma femeninorúbrica femenino formal
- An order I wrote on Saturday needed re-writing and signing by the customer this evening before an appointment at seven.
- This event commemorates the signing of the Recommendation Concerning the Status of Teachers on 5 October 1966.
- Called the ‘nikah-namah,’ it is the signing of the marriage contract in front of witnesses.
- She expressed ‘surprise and concern’ at not being informed of the terms of the agreement prior to its signing.
- That is, by having an independent adult witness the signing of a document reduces the ability of the signatory to successfully deny the signature as a forgery at a later date.
- World Wetlands Day on 2 February marks the occasion of the signing of the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands of International Importance in 1971.
- Obviously, as we both have always maintained, reaching an agreement is by far the best way forward, and to this end request you forward the document for our signing.
- The question was about the signing of the contract, which was not signed until a week before the production finished.
- The official signing of the accord will take place by early February in Belgrade.
- The signing of contracts will take place in August and development will proceed immediately.
- The meeting was in consensus on the roll out plan to implement the network early next year, subject to signing of the agreement.
- I hereby witness the signing of this document by the above named in my presence.
- The signing of the agreements on Wednesday was delayed for several hours because of last-minute disputes over power-sharing.
- He's tying the event in with the signing of the American Declaration Of Independence, signed a couple of miles over the other side of the city.
- The meeting in Salzburg coincided with the third anniversary of the official signing of the Stability Pact.
- Lanxing is attempting to complete due diligence inspections by the end of January, in preparation for the signing of a sales contract by the end of March.
- He also played an active role in the two countries' signing of the trade agreement last year.
- Governor Blagojevich's signing of this bill is evidence that making your voice heard can have a tangible effect on the laws that are passed.
- Authorization typically occurs through the signing of an authorization document.
- The rules eliminated the obligatory signing of a complicated contract and instead offered customers the opportunity to sign a simple receipt of the transaction instead.
2Deportefichaje masculino(person engaged) persona contratada femenino(person engaged) adquisición femenino
- The Evening Press understands that another major signing could also be on the way to bring further cheer to the supporters - though his name has so far been kept under wraps.
- A club record signing of £1m, he confounded supporters and the club by missing training sessions and going shopping instead.
- Recent signings will undoubtedly provide extra strength and depth but Warne will always remain the key man.
- He also appears to have a lot of influence on players and could land some top signings.
- He was the team's most expensive free-agent signing of the off season.
- Since I came here we have played very well and if it is down to the new signings then I am pleased with that and it also shows great managerial skills!
- That extra time could allow the team to pursue a trade or signing late in spring training.
- Gibson's injury triggered the off season signing of John Thornton, who will start alongside DT Tony Williams.
- The signings, although no huge names, appear to be pretty decent players and seem to have fit into the pace of the English game well.
- Souness's other new signings are starting to feel more at home, though.
- At the start of camp, Conway felt he had to practice even though he had a tight hamstring in order to justify his signing to team management.
- City currently have three players on loan - league rules allow up to four short-term signings at the same time.
- Heupel's signing doesn't mean the team won't draft a quarterback.
- But the club probably needed some changes after last season and I'm sure all the new signings will do very well.
- Birmingham's summer signing has been a stalwart at right back as the team has put a difficult start to the campaign behind them.
- Yes, I think there were six new signings in the summer and you can't expect players to click straight away.
- Underwood signed a two-year deal with no signing or roster bonuses and only a few performance incentives to boost his minimum pay.
- He surely could have never seen some of the close season signings play and that clubs must have offloaded them to us as part of an old pal's act.
- This is the type of signing that exemplifies the best of free agency: a player who didn't mesh with one system receiving a chance on a team that is a better fit.
- Other than the imminent signing of rookie Mike Smith, there are no indications right now the roster will look drastically different.
- Pasiya also said his club opened a cheque book for the signing of an undisclosed defender for the coming season.
- However, the management team moved quickly to bring in a clutch of signings and the season has picked up.
- Chelsea signed him in the summer and I think he will turn out to be one of the best signings made by a team this summer.
- All teams make signings that don't seem to pay off; it has become part of football.
- The best and brightest earned fat signing bonuses, big salaries, and fancy perks.
- Here are some players worthy of signing as restricted free agents in exchange for late-round picks this year.
- Sid Domic, another top overseas signing, is set to play stand off.
- After the surgery, Rivera offered to return his signing bonus, but the Cowboys wouldn't let him.
- Belle Vue have landed top Czech star Tomas Topinka in a bid to improve their dismal home record - and another big signing is in the pipeline.
- At least one free agent signing will be mandatory, as someone with a name is going to have to take over for the departing Todd Jones.
- He desperately needs support, but the Newcastle manager has promised at least three new signings by the end of August.
- Some managers probably feel that supporters demand signings, in particular when they are on a losing run or the team has injuries.
- Forget the latest flap: he won't be traded unless he returns some signing bonus money.
- He has brought in and got rid of a number of players, but remains keen to make more signings.
- He has been a pillar of strength at full back - the model of consistency and a top signing according to football director Steve Simms.
- But United said the impact of these signings would be spread across current and subsequent financial years.
- The free-agent signing of LB James Darling might prove to be one the best acquisitions of the off season.
- The off season signing of Green, the NFC's top-rated passer last year for the St. Louis Rams, was met with much fanfare.
- Taylor's team contained no fewer than seven signings since last summer.
- Peck, who became Leigh's chief executive earlier this week, is promising to help finance further signings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.