In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1socio capitalista masculinosocia capitalista femenino
- Her evidence was that the business was ready to go by March 2001, and that she was going to be the active partner, and her son-in-law would be the silent partner.
- If being around him in business is too painful or exhausting personally, then cash out and look for another business venture or become a silent partner.
- The other 15% of the firm is owned by four silent partners, who invested another $10,500 in seed money for a total of $70,000 in start-up costs.
- Over a three-year period he recruited silent partners through newspaper adverts, promising to pay them ‘substantial returns’.
- Keep in mind, however, that individual investors tend to be silent partners, which could be good or bad, depending on your needs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.