1silicio masculino(wafer/chip) de silicio(chip/wafer) silíceo
- Silicosis is caused when silicon, fine particles of rock, enters the lungs and cuts lung tissue.
- As silicon doesn't conduct electricity, impurities are added so it becomes a conductor.
- The most common technology for harvesting energy from sunlight is the photovoltaic cell based on silicon.
- Normally silicon does not emit light as it has an indirect energy band gap.
- Diamond behaves like silicon when you place it at very high temperatures and pressures.