In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mariposa de la seda femenino
- The project is aimed at providing work and income for the Leonardville community as well as solving the problem of the wild silk moth, whose cocoons have caused deaths in livestock eating them.
- For example, many North American species of giant silk moths do not interbreed because they mate at different times of day.
- The principle species used in commercial production is the mulberry silkworm, which is the larva of the silk moth, Bombyx mori.
- While the silk of Saturniidae moths is considered inferior to that of Asian silk moths, it is tough and durable.
- In the Northeast, a single species of parasitic fly has caused declines in the populations of two native silk moth species.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.