1gusano de seda masculino
- Although this order represents an extremely diverse and economically important group of insects, mapping studies have been conducted only in the silkworm, Bombyx mori.
- As is well known, the silkworm, Bombyx mori, is reared for the production of silk and its diet consists solely of mulberry leaves.
- The silkworm is a lepidopteran insect with a long history of significant agricultural value.
- The domesticated silkworm is one of a few lepidopteran species that have been used for genetic analysis.
- Silk is a continuous protein filament spun by the silkworm to form its cocoon.