In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gusano de seda masculino
- Although this order represents an extremely diverse and economically important group of insects, mapping studies have been conducted only in the silkworm, Bombyx mori.
- As is well known, the silkworm, Bombyx mori, is reared for the production of silk and its diet consists solely of mulberry leaves.
- The silkworm is a lepidopteran insect with a long history of significant agricultural value.
- The domesticated silkworm is one of a few lepidopteran species that have been used for genetic analysis.
- Silk is a continuous protein filament spun by the silkworm to form its cocoon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.