In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abeto blanco masculinoabeto plateado masculino
- He notes carefully the distinctive qualities of particular specimens of goldcup oak, Douglas spruce, yellow pine, silver fir, and sequoia.
- From the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge in Florida, where the red mangrove presides, to Olympic National Park in Washington, home of the Pacific silver fir, our public lands are a great place to grow up if you want to be a champ.
- The Olympics are also home to the biggest western hemlock, subalpine and Pacific silver fir, Alaska-cedar, and Englemana spruce.
- The site is in the Dinaric region and is typical of silver fir/beech forests in Slovenia.
- Turning inland again, we went towards Daisetsuzan National Park, where we walked in a graceful forest of birch and silver fir close to Lake Shikaribetsu.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.