In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vigésimo quinto aniversario masculino
- On Thursday, the department was celebrating its silver jubilee, and the incident served as a reminder of the fact that scores of the aged citizenry were left to fend for themselves.
- Unknown to them, a surprise party had been arranged to mark their silver jubilee wedding anniversary and family, friends, relations and neighbours had gathered to honour the occasion.
- The Sword of Honour, celebrating its silver jubilee this year, recognises organisations that have implemented safety systems that are among the best in the world.
- Completing its silver jubilee in February, the Art of Living, founded by Sri Sri Ravishankar, is all set to celebrate.
- The joys of local soccer and many long lasting friendships developed in relation to it will be at the heart of the silver jubilee event.
- Hence the silver jubilee of the Navarasam Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Palliyuthu, a remote village located 25 kilometres from Erode, was truly an occasion to celebrate.
- It is my silver jubilee on the council this year and the 30th anniversary of the borough.
- In 1974, when Fr. O'Connell celebrated his silver jubilee of ordination, the parish, under his unflagging leadership was moving ahead and expanding at a cracking pace.
- There has been a good response from the team members, who made history twenty-five years ago, regarding their attendance at the dinner dance that will officially mark the silver jubilee of this unique success.
- On Christmas Day Mass will be celebrated at 11.30 am, and the Newport Folk Choir who recently celebrated their silver jubilee, will sing.
- Last year Ardagh Community Games celebrated the silver jubilee of its foundation.
- The event, which was celebrating its silver jubilee, featured 50 high-calibre encounters at Fulford Tennis Centre.
- This year it is celebrating its silver jubilee.
- Beginning his drama career way back in 1979, the Crazy Creations is heading towards celebrating its silver jubilee, having performed over 4,000 shows in India and abroad.
- The womenfolk of Asdee will have the glad rags out on Friday, December 6, when the local ICA celebrate their silver jubilee.
- York Family Tennis Tournament celebrates its silver jubilee next month, with the event being set to take place in Rowntree Park on Saturday and Sunday, May 3 and 4.
- The Opportunity Centre has just celebrated its silver jubilee and the fundraising campaign was launched at the 25th anniversary celebrations last October.
- It is envisaged that a top level panel of judges will monitor and judge the competition, and the results will be announced next Spring to coincide with the club's silver jubilee special events programme.
- This year's event was particularly significant as it falls in the silver jubilee year of the Orkney Norway Friendship Association.
- A presentation was made to Tom to mark his silver jubilee in car sales.
- The Charminar and Golconda Heritage tour showcases the precious gifts received by the Nizam on his silver jubilee or the Salarjung Museum, with those fabulous display of priceless treasure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.