In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Inland silversides were particularly common prey of juvenile gar in Lake Texoma, making up 84% of the diet, with gamefishes accounting for less than 1% of the diet.
- Populations of Atlantic silversides occur along a latitudinal gradient where northern populations are exposed to lower temperatures and a shorter growing season compared to southern populations.
- This consists of killifishes, herrings, sardines, gobies, silversides, anchovies small mullets, and lizardfishes to name a few.
- Groups such as silversides, herrings and anchovies often congregate in feeding shoals numbering in the millions.
- The latter group includes Atlantic silversides, M. menidia, capelin Mallotus villosus and the mummichog, F. heteroclitus.
- My roast veal was three rectangular pieces of beast with the grey, gristly flavour of school silverside.
- Less expensive cuts such as brisket, silverside or topside have plenty of collagen, a protein present in connective tissues.
- The Northern Professor beetled off to buy Rare Breeds postcards, while I went back to the Food Tent for major investments - lobster, boiled this morning, half a chicken halibut, proper sausages, and some bargain silverside.
- We learn that silverside is the classic cut from the back of the thigh, from the muscles that do all the hard work propelling their owner from one place to another (ie, quite tough).
- But how to make good use of the topside, silverside and thick flank was always less well understood.
corte de carne vacuna del cuarto trasero
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.