In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- What's a simple-minded rural poet to do about it?
- The failure of such simple-minded thinking has also been proven by its total failure for Cuba, which has survived under American sanctions for more than four decades.
- That the classical Olympic spirit emphasized international peace is lost in such simple-minded political propaganda.
- Joe's a bright guy with insightful views on many things, but here he sounds, well, downright simple-minded.
- Celebrity worship may be simple-minded, self-indulgent and craven, but heads of state should not expect to get off so lightly.
- It's a simple-minded solution to complex problems.
- We can make an assessment of how well these groups are travelling in a simple-minded way by looking at how they progress through training - which students get in?
- Alas, this robust and simple-minded certainty that Reason rather than Faith was the wave of the future is all but spent now.
- This is apart from the government's and opposition's cynical calculation that its simple-minded stance will win it votes in the coming election.
- Not one could grasp, or even imagine, the possibility that our simple-minded Palaeolithic ancestors were capable of art.
- No amount of simple-minded faith will change that.
- Any other outlook is just simple-minded fantasy.
- Because they work on simple-minded theories and are totally oblivious of facts.
- While the rural people have a more simple-minded attitude, they are also used to living in harmony with their neighbours who have to face the same difficulties as they do.
- And some of those aren't so young, but still simple-minded.
- For the kids the knee-jerk tourist products are wooden toys, but they are lumpish, boring objects, unlikely to appeal to any but the most simple-minded of toddlers.
- Even today it's edgy cinema, but to write it off as the product of a deranged mind, or to suggest that it endorses the violence it depicts, is simple-minded at best.
- But these non-newsworthy-factoids have spawned appallingly simple-minded reflections.
- The films I've done in recent years, they're meant to offer a more complex analysis of the situations, and are less simple-minded.
- This single-minded, indeed simple-minded, artistic manifesto seems crude and dated, but the fiction it led him to produce is still fresh.
2(retarded)simplecorto de alcances
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.