In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banquillo de los expulsados masculinobanca de los expulsados femenino América Latina
- The Broncos were a man short for the last 20 minutes after losing two players to the sin bin, but made the Bulls fight to the end.
- It would be pointless losing player after player to the sin bin.
- The referee, under pressure from the home crowd, sent a Keighley player to sin bin for ten minutes for a very dubious high tackle.
- Both sides lost a player to the sin bin just before the interval.
- Both clubs had a player sent off to the sin bin within a minute of each other.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.