In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sinceridad femeninohe spoke with sincerity — habló sinceramente / con sinceridad
- in all sincerity — con toda sinceridad / franqueza
- Mr Dobson is a man of impeccable character, integrity, and genuine sincerity.
- Something to do with the way he could project genuine sincerity, humour, insightfulness and compassion.
- It is important to choose a mate who respects those fine qualities of compassion and sincerity.
- He spoke with a sincerity, she knew he was telling her the truth about his name.
- Dr. Sunya values credibility, honesty and sincerity as most important qualities.
- His sincerity, honesty, and determination cannot be challenged, nor can the unique value of his findings.
- His sincerity and good faith are obvious as is his passionate identification with those at the bottom of the heap.
- The humanity is there but depicted with such sincerity and lack of humour that it doesn't pierce the heart in the way that it should.
- Ask him whether he can say, with honesty and sincerity, that he is happy.
- She winced at the sound of his cold voice; she didn't doubt the sincerity of his words.
- So far as I could tell, these people's problems were not due to lack of sincerity or earnestness.
- It takes a lot of output in the way of your sincerity, your commitment, and your genuineness.
- Thus even his opponents acknowledged his sincerity, truthfulness and honesty.
- The picture has style, but also a sincerity of sentiment that gives it distinction.
- One must admire the quality of sincerity that Anita brings to her poetry.
- He just tells it with all the honesty and sincerity he can muster.
- I sensed her genuine sincerity and seeing that her eyes were beginning to mist over, guessed that she would be one to share the sorrow.
- His dark eyes stared back, full of rawness, honesty and uncompromising sincerity.
- Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply again; we very much appreciate your sincerity and candour.
- Humour and melancholy, sincerity and irony are as balanced as a health freak's diet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.