In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If you use the distance along the ground, you have to find the vertical component by multiplying by the sine of the angle of the hill in both the distance and acceleration terms.
- It presents a one-point iterative technique for calculating the sine of a given angle.
- A mathematical function, like sine or logarithm, gives the same answer to a particular question each time you ask it.
- I can remember roughly how to differentiate a standard xy formula but sines, cosines and tangents are a mystery.
- This same table was reproduced in the work of Brahmagupta and detailed method for constructing a table of sines for any angle were give by Bhaskara in 1150.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.