In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mercado único masculino
- The single market, or internal market as it is also known, builds upon the customs union that was established in the 1960s.
- The reason for this is Bulgaria's internally increasing use of the rules of the European single market.
- In 1988 the Cecchini report looked at the advantages of cooperation for a European single market.
- In theory, this is one of those times when the European single market proves its worth.
- Important, though much less visible, have been the social policy effects of the single market's development itself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.