In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1seno (nasal) masculino
- During a physical examination, your doctor may feel for tenderness in the area of the sinuses and examine your nasal passages looking for inflammation, secretions or deformities.
- Your sinuses are hollow spaces within the bones of your face, behind and above your nose.
- The two cavernous sinuses are large veins lying within the skull cavity, immediately behind each eye socket and on either side of the pituitary gland.
- Common wood dust produced in sanding furniture and cabinets is associated with increases in cancer of the nasal cavities and sinuses.
- The sheep's nasal cavity and sinuses are orientated in a similar fashion to man's.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.