In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Thus, American television has moved away from expensive sitcoms and on to cheap thrills.
- The producers experimented with a US sitcom style and the first two series of the new show were shot on film.
- During the daytime there's the usual mix of American soaps, chat shows, dated sitcoms with the occasional old film thrown in.
- Not to mince words, this was an appalling sitcom, and how it lasted for four series beggars belief.
- There are just too many comedies, sitcoms, realty TV shows and then some that all seem to blur into one big mess.
- He has directed and written since 1979 and is about to appear in a new sitcom for BBC Scotland.
- Will the sounds of those delightful Sichuan sitcoms be silenced forever?
- With the declining health of sitcoms, television has had to look in new directions to reel in viewers.
- Worryingly, children are viewing a lot of what is not meant for them, especially the sitcoms and soaps.
- She is currently editing an anthology of critical essays about television sitcoms.
- The series had a robust energy but was just too sour and downbeat to really work as a sitcom.
- It's always struck me that most successful sitcoms say great things about America.
- It was a sitcom, a workplace ensemble comedy set in a police station.
- Certainly when Carla started out writing in the Sixties, there were very few women writing comedy or sitcoms led by women.
- This was a laboured sitcom peopled by stereotypical characters in unlikely plots.
- Radio Scotland's comedy writing initiative has produced pilots of three brand new sitcoms.
- This was a so-so sitcom with ambitious but unconvincing dance numbers and wrestling action.
- Paul has taken to his first sitcom like bingo's two little ducks to water.
- Predictability is still the reason sitcoms draw big audiences and big advertising dollars.
- She has a diploma in dramatic writing and has also written a sitcom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.