In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculino emplazamiento formalmasculino terrenomasculino solarbuilt on the site of a Roman temple — construido en el lugar que ocupaba un templo romano
- this is the site of the battle — este lugar fue el escenario de la batalla
- They uncovered a string of Bronze Age burial sites, Iron Age villages and an early Christian cemetery.
- It was told converting the building would add vitality to an area currently suffering from a number of empty sites and buildings.
- Part of the money will be spent on sprucing up areas used by the public, including car parks, picnic sites and paths.
- The plan is to build a five-floor building on the site of the partly demolished Irwell Mill.
- They allow unlimited travel on all trains and access to all event sites on the railway.
- It is hoped that 1,600 tonnes of garden waste, which would normally find its way into landfill sites, will be turned into compost.
- In the event, 57 farms sites were infected before the first case was diagnosed.
- Maps noted significant sites and buildings in the town instead of street names.
- The new facility will be attached to the main school building and constructed on the site of the present youth club.
- East Riding councillors last week backed plans to demolish the Victorian buildings on the site and construct new offices.
- One day four town councillors visited the site, viewing the building from the outside.
- Exeter designer Colin Lovekin wants to rescue old supermarket shopping trolleys from landfill sites and canals.
- School trips to urban farms, ancient sites and country parks already take place but more could be done.
- Anyone interested in offering a site for the event should contact any member of the association.
- Draw or paint a Building, Monument or a site of historical interest in your area.
- Historical monuments, sites and buildings also came under the scrutinising eye of the engineers preparing the draft plan.
- The university is hoping to build a science park and associated buildings on the site to form a third campus.
- Some roads are already built and construction of buildings on the site is imminent.
- The number to call is posted as close as possible to the site where the events took place.
- The proposed site for the new building should not involve losing any existing public car parking.
- Dump trucks carry construction crews and equipment to nearby sites, where futuristic buildings reach skyward.
- The next night the police came and closed the site due to alleged criminal activity at the site.
- Work will begin this summer on consolidating many of the buildings on the site, all of which have ancient monument status.
- She said a house was being built next door on a site where a medieval building had once stood.
- Households in Wiltshire produce around 250,000 tonnes of household rubbish that currently goes into the county's landfill sites.
- They now intend seeking permission to retain and continue using the landfill site at Emo Park.
- Some parts of the UK are running out of space for landfill sites and, where they do exist, they are understandably disliked by the local population.
- The group is seeking planning permission on several sites and will begin building on others.
- All of the 650 items up for auction were sold with a huge turnout on site for the Wednesday event.
- Construction recently commenced on the site and the building is due to be completed within the next 6 months
- The Government wants the use of environmentally-damaging landfill sites cut, and it has set targets across the country.
- Until the structure changes we cannot get on site and start building.
- Stringent insurance cover now means that many events require ambulances on site as well as first aiders.
- On the site of the demolished buildings he plans to build 63 apartments in three blocks.
- Amid the hurried activity at the school site, witnesses said a suspected kidnapper was attacked by a mob.
- Although no longer as central as they once were, these plazas are still important as sites of social activity.
- They are urging planners to tighten controls to prevent developers from building on greenland sites in the area.
- The monument stands on the site of one of the towns, Khatyn, which burned to the ground in 1943.
1.2building siteobra femeninoon site — en la obra
1.3archeological siteyacimiento (arqueológico) masculinoemplazamiento (arqueológico) masculinothis is a Greek site — este es un emplazamiento griego
- a burial site — una necrópolis
2Medicinamasculino lugarmasculino puntofemenino zona
3(on Internet)sitio masculino
- Check online for sites selling refurbished laptops or check your local dealer.
- Now that you have made it possible to create a Weblog, return to your site's home page.
- Most of the free blog sites only let you upload graphics
- Find out how many visitors abandon the site after accessing the home page only.
- While antivirus software vendor sites are not obligated to conform to any virus-naming convention, most do.
- Search engines sites have always been free to anyone with Internet access.
- New techniques allow criminal hackers to compromise legitimate sites to download malware to your computer.
- There needs to be URL blocking of spyware sites, and spyware should be in antivirus signature databases.
- Many online sites need verified logins, they are actively managed gaming environments.
- Links get put on blogs because there is content on a particular site that the blog owner wishes to share.
- Spanish Web site operators have taken their sites offline in protest at government proposals to regulate online content.
- The only way to be infected is to download software from illegal sites.
- I've been blogging on other sites for over five years now, and know how reactionary we bloggers can be.
- External links may well be driven off the home pages as sites become larger and more complex.
- There are many places to order your RAM, from your local computer store to online sites.
- Personal home pages and business sites have in recent years been accruing at a rate of hundreds of thousands a day.
- Community sites aren't blogs, although blogging may be inside them.
- Police can already scour chat rooms and internet sites and will examine computer records for evidence.
- Free extras include a weekly email newsletter and thumbnails to add to your own site or blog.
- A Google search revealed numerous cases of sites across the internet that are offering to sell illegal goods.
1(building/factory) situar(building/factory) ubicar América Latina(factory/building) emplazar formal
- The city is sited at the foot of the Port Hills and when there is little wind a pall of smog lies over the city in winter.
- Siting new power lines is fraught with even more resistance than siting a new power plant.
- Mr Armistead said Hutchinson had looked at other options for siting the mast, but none were available.
- A barbeque area and several picnic tables are sited close to the main car park.
- The act of siting a caravan, in the open or within a building, does not, in itself, amount to operational development.
- Some residents are concerned that new bus stops being sited outside their homes will bring noise and disruption.
- The car park and signpost for the fishery are sited on a severe right hand bend.
- There are concerns about siting a new hall on the recreation field and uncertainty the current building needs as much work as is suggested.
- So many competing radiation sources are sited close to each other that pinpointing any risk is problematic.
- Leisure lodges are finished in wood cladding or wood effect to blend with the countryside where they are sited.
- In countries that have been quicker to adopt wind energy, it is notable that they are siting new turbines off-shore.
- Bosses at Flamingo Land are facing legal action for siting caravans at the park without seeking permission.
- The caravan was sited so that they could see straight into our lounge and kitchen every time they came in and out of the door.
- Other schemes have been dictated by the resale value of the land on which the building was sited.
- What are the most important factors when siting a small garden pond?
- Factories were henceforth sited near coal mines and large towns grew up to house the factory workers.
- Mr Clegg, 82, has lived just around the corner from where the camera is sited for 49 years.
- Where are the various recycling bins that were once sited on the main road to the airport near the car park?
- We purchased a caravan and two Portakabins and sited them at the Barn.
- She added that recent reports said there was no scientific basis for siting masts away from areas used by the public.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.