1(dimensions) tamaño masculino(of problem, task, operation) magnitud femenino(of problem, task, operation) envergadura femeninowhat size is it? — ¿qué tamaño tiene?
- it was the size of a walnut — era del tamaño de una nuez
- their house is half/twice the size of ours — su casa es la mitad/el doble de grande que la nuestra
- just look at the size of that dog! — ¡mira qué perro más enorme!
- The size of the house wasn't really big, but what made it look big was the garden beyond.
- The houses vary in size, with a choice of one to four bedrooms, sleeping up to eight.
- Even within the main cultivated species, yams vary to a remarkable extent in size, shape, and colour.
- Territories vary greatly in size, the largest one more than five times the size of the smallest one.
- The size of the pelvic area varies in cows and those with small pelvic areas are more prone to difficulty.
- Scans of patients' brains showed that the injured area almost doubled in size following treatment.
- If eventually, the hedgerow must be reduced in size, this may be done with a circular saw.
- While presidents often talk of reducing the size of their White House staff, none actually do.
- The size of the house excluding underground parking is about 4,100 square feet.
- They can range in size from the huge Wellingtonia tree to ground cover woodland plants.
- I looked over, and for the first time, I noticed that my belly had drastically reduced in size.
- The councils vary in size from seven to fifteen members depending on the size of the settlement they manage.
- We are retaining the play area although this will be slightly reduced in size.
- After 2012, the Olympic stadium would be reduced in size to become a new home for athletics.
- The collection ranges in size from the miniature to those over five feet in height.
- Three weeks ago he was taken off a ventilator and gradually his trachaetomy tube was reduced in size, until it could be removed completely.
- The sac is often covered by a thin layer of skin and can range in size from the dimensions of a grape to those of a grapefruit.
- All apartments will be for sale and will range in size from 750 to 1500 square feet.
- The judges were more interested in size than overall balance, proportion and symmetry.
- The craftspeople construct everything in small scale and the houses range in size up to palaces which can cost as much as a full-sized house.
2(of clothes) talla femenino(of clothes) talle masculino Río de la Plata(of shoes, gloves) número masculinowhat size do you take? — ¿qué talle tiene / usa? Río de la Plata
- I take (a) size 10 in shoes — gasto el número 10
- can I try the next size up? — ¿me puedo probar una talla más grande?
- A friend of mine bought a wedding dress two sizes too small because she was told that it was a good motivation to lose weight for her wedding.
- I admitted to myself it made me feel a little better knowing she'd be running around in an outfit two sizes too big for her.
- The pajama bottoms were honestly about 30 sizes too big.
- His daughter, Miranda, had managed to get a hold of a girl's uniform - albeit several sizes too big for her.
- I wore my black sweatpants and a two sizes too big red t-shirt and just sat back on our couch.
- He always wore baggy clothes that looked ten sizes too big for him, these thick rimmed glasses and stood about 5'7.
- He was wearing a pair of black jeans that were most likely two sizes too big and were hanging off of his hips.
- She's about four sizes too big for the dress she's tried on.
- It follows that, while big sizes can be hard to source, talls tend to be even harder.
- She was barefoot, and wearing only a flowered dress which was a size too big for her skinny frame.
- You can also look at your current shoes, but if you feel a bit discomfort, it's ok to get a bigger size.
- My mom is slender, I totally envy her body, but she has to have her pajama bottom's three sizes bigger.
- He is wearing many layers of clothes that looked two sizes too big for him.
- He was dressed in dark blue jeans that looked about 5 sizes too big and a zipper sweater.
- The plain green dress was a good few sizes too big for her and hung off her petite frame like a big shapeless sack.
- I put some old, baggy jeans a T-shirt two sizes too big for me.
- The dress was a couple of sizes too big and with the belt on, the neckline dipped dangerously low.
- Vantage offers Big and Tall sizes in seven basics and bestsellers, including a woven shirt, a windshirt, and a sweater.
- I would have given anything to make the perfect dress in a size 18 appear for her to stop the tears.
- I had ticked off ten shops already that we had been to and didn't even offer anything in my dress size.
1(classify according to size)ponerle la talla aponerle el talle a Río de la Plata
- Yes, I've sort of sized this for a tall 3yo by adding an inch and a half to the length and an inch to the width.
1(for plaster, paper) cola femenino(for cloth) apresto masculino
1(glaze, seal)(wall/paper) encolar(cloth) aprestar