In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caballo masculino argot
- And with his money, he'll have every skag dealer inside throwing drugs at him until he's bled dry and out of it.
- Anything that makes kids read instead of shooting up skag is a good thing in my opinion.
- When I was a kid, I would have confessed to having done skag if it would make me look hard and edgy.
- I thought the skag head had jumped in the car right there.
- I'd say it wouldn't take much to make him try a bit of the old skag.
- Let the mocking world slide by as long as I've got my scag and my needle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.