In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Britanico(servant)fregona femenino despectivosirvienta femenino
- What else can I do for anyone, since I seem to be everyone's skivvy this morning?
- She said the new laws would protect Pakistani teenagers who were brought over to be little more than skivvies to an unknown husband and his family.
- They want to be treated with respect, not taken for granted as low paid skivvies.
- Are they teachers, managers, social workers or skivvies?
- He said: ‘Brian is my skivvy, but I will also help him in his preparations.’
- In upper-class households there was often a hierarchy of servants ‘below stairs', ranging from the butler to kitchen skivvies.
- Be realistic: he is never going to tidy up if he has a skivvy to do it for him and give him back his stuff all sorted, clean, tidy and ready to use.
- And the choice of placements totally eclipses the old stigma of office typist or work site skivvy.
- Assistant engineer makes it sound rather grand, they were just called tape ops really, the skivvies of the recording studio.
EEUU marca registrada(underwear)ropa interior femeninoin his skivvies — en paños menores coloquial humorístico
- At dawn the next morning I stood in my skivvies on the balcony of my room and surveyed the restless sea.
- These chambers sometimes get so hot that the rappers have stripped down to their skivvies to record.
- One had pulled on jeans, one was in skivvy shorts, and one responded nude.
- For a decade now, La Roche's Luk briefs, boxers, panties and undershirts have been synonymous with comfy-cozy yet fully sexy skivvies.
- I imagine Beatrix eating organic vegetables and dancing around in hemp skivvies, but I can't get anywhere near her.
- Just go to this link and find a short story that sends the shivers down to your skivvies.
- But I still make him walk around at parties in his leopard print skivvies.
- Their idea blossoms gradually into the film's central story, which has the womanly girls shedding their skivvies for the shoot.
- Like the others, this trio was clad in their government-issue skivvies.
- What's laughable is not the former dictator's skivvies, but military leaders' naivety about the media world we now live in.
- Undies, underwear, or skivvies were all deemed acceptable.
- He got down to his skivvies and climbed in the shower.
- After the shoot was over, Curtis decided to strip down to her skivvies and wash off the makeup for some real footage.
- I remember his raised eyebrows and the distinct embarrassment of being caught in my skivvies in front of a complete stranger.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.