In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(waste matter)escoria femeninoMinería escombro masculinoMinería escoria femeninoGeología escoria femenino
- The increasing size of the slag pile poses an ongoing threat to the richest remaining prairie site.
- The hardened matter was slag, a waste product from metal working, and contained evidence of iron, copper and lead manufacture.
- Blast furnaces are used to recycle slag, dross, and residues from other processes.
- Two recycled cementitious materials come to mind immediately - fly ash and slag cement.
- In particular, tuyeres in the furnace became blocked with slag.
- "Oh, it used to be a slag heap, " John said.
- The waste product slag was also increasingly used in road and house building.
- The road is unusually constructed of compacted iron slag.
- This artificial uranium mine is contained in the slag material from power station coal combustion and deposited in landfills.
- The concentrates are refined by smelting - they are melted, and the impurities are removed as a slag.
- Tell me about Lehigh's interest in supplemental materials, like slag cement.
- Thirdly, reduce the clinker content in cement, by intergrinding cementious material like slag, fly ash, or limestone.
- By contrast, the lunar regolith ‘has a composition similar to mining slag.’
- The blasts shot towards the small shielded orb and reduced the metal to molten slag.
- It is usually caused by the scouring action of sand, gravel, slag, earth, and other gritty material.
- The difference in densities of the molten iron and molten slag allow each material to be removed separately from the furnace.
- Under suitable slag conditions vanadium, in quite small quantities, ‘cleans’ the steel and renders it free from slag inclusions.
- Some people had even died in slag slides, picking loose bits of coal in order to keep their homes heated.
- The union has leveled 15 separate charges against Levy, a contractor at Mittal Steel USA, which performs slag processing and metal reclamation.
- It was a more rustic and northern version of Detroit with escarpments of slag and iron ore.
- There were areas of bare rock and slag, which were around old gold mines, according to the naturalist.
- Kerosene has been used to light pyres constructed of coal slag, old tyres and tar-soaked rail sleepers.
- In highly developed countries, the major components of industrial waste are blast furnace and steel slag, and power station ash.
- Mineral fiber insulation, including fiber glass and rock wool, is produced from either molten glass, slag, or rock.
- Piles of black slag marked the entrances to small coal mines.
- Ground granulated blast furnace slag is used in 53 % of councils in NSW and 23 % in VIC.
- Ores, slag and ash exports during the first seven months amounted to $644 million, up 77 per cent over the same period last year.
- Vincent snorted, and turned the doorknob into molten slag once it had swung shut again.
- The stats and history of this limestone slag heap are impressive in their own right.
- I watched, slightly shocked, as molten metal slag fell onto the glass, steaming.
- We started making turns around the slag piles at the mine.
2Britanico despectivo, argot(promiscuous woman)putilla femenino coloquial despectivofulana femenino coloquial despectivopingo masculino España coloquial despectivo
- Not so many slags frequent this public house anymore - each time we go in there the ratio of men to women is rising.
- The place was full of big bellied old West Ham supporters, complete with navy tattoos with the fat slags from Viz in tow.
- Alastair's so used to working in a serious environment, he couldn't believe fellas were coming at him with slags.
- But as soon as a women starts to pick and choose who she sleeps with she gets called a slag.
- I created it especially to deal with nosey slags like you!
- Boys continued to make the same distinction between prospective wives and slags.
- The women are slags, either scrawny with straggly blonde hair, or grotesquely fat and bulging out of their tracksuit bottoms.
- She told him Trev had called her a dirty slag after their drink the other night and had refused to sleep with her.
- If you look beyond the dehumanising stereotypes to the hard facts, it emerges that females in jail are not conniving slags.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.