In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He began to make slanderous attacks and false accusations against those who questioned his stories.
- Posting of slanderous, libelous, abusive or defamatory material is totally prohibited.
- Publicly telling someone that they did not belong in a neighborhood could be a very slanderous insult.
- I'm not going to miss the mud-slinging, slanderous, nasty ads on the radio.
- Prudie only mentions this because to repeat such an accusation, should it be untrue, would be slanderous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.