In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ensalada de repollo, zanahoria y cebolla con mayonesa
- I had the chicken pot pie, slaw, soup, ice tea and cheesecake.
- Snappingly fresh cabbage slaw is weighted down by neither gobs of mayonnaise nor more than a gentle tinge of sweetness.
- The special slaw builds an array of condiments right into this burger.
- Ginger-wasabi mayo and Asian slaw spark the wine's lemony finish.
- Eventually, I ordered salmon flavored with honey and soy and served with some kind of cooked cabbage slaw and rice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.