In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coche cama masculinocoche dormitorio masculino Cono Sur
- As I said before, our sleeping car attendant has also been very nice and available, though we haven't needed her help much.
- The sleeping car porters employed by the Pullman Company, who were among the better paid black workers, made $72.50 for a full month's work.
- An additional 29 cars, 520025 to 520053 were converted from S, & T series sleeping cars.
- The train consisted of an express car, a combination baggage/passenger car, two coaches, a diner, and three sleeping cars.
- The train consisted of 2 engines, baggage car, 3 coaches, lounge car, dining car, 2 sleeping cars and 3 freight cars.
- I forgot to mention before that our sleeping car attendant is a really cool guy named Gary.
- The train derailed, releasing a towed locomotive that hurtled into a sleeping car and exploded, killing 11 people.
- Anne Marie, our sleeping car attendant rushed the diner to get our lunch ready and delivered it to us on the platform - on the train's china plates!
- They would rendezvous with sleeping cars out of Cincinnati and Maysville, and Louisville and Lexington.
- The worker then walked me back to the area of my sleeping car before saying goodbye.
- Many of the sleeping car passengers joined the activity and nearly all the car's seats were occupied.
- The first thing we noticed as attendant Erika greeted us was that our sleeping car was behind four coach cars.
- Our train was a bunch of First-class sleeping cars and a dining car.
- It was in fact a railway yard, 12 miles of tracks to hold 350 sleeping cars on 21 acres of land.
- This is fun, but if there was a sleeping car on this train, I'd be on it.
- It may be slower than a plane, bus or car, but for long-distance trips it has its good sides - a toilet, a dining car and a sleeping car.
- Actually, when you figure in the meals, free coffee and soft drinks, the sleeping car is a good deal, as all your meals and drinks (except beer and alcohol) are included.
- Because that was part of this operation too: preparing westbound sleeping cars to serve the Greenbrier.
- George Pullman arrived on the scene with a design for the Pullman sleeping carriage which he originally developed to carry the dead body of Abraham Lincoln to his funeral.
- George presented this information to the sleeping car attendant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.